Envy Gaming Rallies Online Streaming Community to Raise $$$$ for Texas Relief Efforts
UNITED FOR TEXAS charity stream will be live on Twitch Friday, Feb. 26 to Sunday, Feb. 28
DALLAS (February 25, 2021) – Gamers, streamers and content creators from around the world are joining forces to raise money for winter storm relief efforts in Texas. The UNITED FOR TEXAS charity steam happening February 26-28 is coordinated by Dallas-based esports and entertainment company Envy Gaming and funds raised will be distributed among primary beneficiaries americares, American Red Cross, and the SPCA of Texas.
UNITED FOR TEXAS kicks off Friday, February 26 as Alexandra Botez and Andrea Botez – sisters that stream as BotezLive to their more than 650,000 followers on Twitch – unveil a series of donation-based goals and unique ways for their community to get involved in supporting Texas relief efforts. The duo, who live in Austin, will be joined in supporting on social media or live streaming throughout the weekend by other personalities from gaming, music, streaming, and entertainment including:
- BobbyPoff, esports battle royale streamer and content creator (https://www.twitch.tv/bobbypoffgaming)
- Crimsix, the most-winning Call of Duty esports player of all time (https://www.twitch.tv/crimsix)
- Sebas, TikTok influencer and Call of Duty: Warzone streamer (https://www.twitch.tv/sebasberon)
- Shotzzy, the 2020 Call of Duty League MVP (https://www.twitch.tv/shotzzy)
- Members of XSET Gaming (https://www.twitch.tv/xsetgaming)
- Andy Cortez, host of Kinda Funny (https://www.twitch.tv/andycortez)
- Ricco Fajardo, anime and video game voice actor (https://www.twitch.tv/riccofajardo)
- Seth Manfield, professional Magic: The Gathering player (https://www.twitch.tv/sethmanfieldmtg)
- StellaChuu, Cosplayer and streamer (https://www.twitch.tv/stellachuu)
- BindiSmalls, Cosplayer and streamer (https://www.twitch.tv/bindismalls)
- Connor “Avast” Prince, esports streamer and content creator (https://www.twitch.tv/avast/)
- Mat “Tazmo” Taylor, general manager of the Dallas Fuel esports team (https://www.twitch.tv/tazmo)
- Mike “Hastr0” Rufail, owner and chief gaming officer at Envy Gaming (https://www.twitch.tv/teamenvy)
- Anthony “mummAy” DiPaolo, Team Envy Valorant Player (https://www.twitch.tv/mummaytv)
- Victor “food” Wong, Team Envy Valorant Player (https://www.twitch.tv/foodVW)
- Austin “crashies” Roberts, Team Envy Valorant Player (https://www.twitch.tv/crashies)
- Jake “kaboose” McDonald, Team Envy Valorant Player (https://www.twitch.tv/kabooseVAL)
- Pujan “FNS” Mehta, Team Envy Valorant Player (https://www.twitch.tv/gofns)
Any streamer or creator, regardless of their audience size, is able to join UNITED FOR TEXAS and help participate in raising funds to support Texas relief efforts. Envy is partnering with online fundraising service Softgiving to track and administer donations. Softgiving’s platform allows for multiple streamers to fundraise on their own platforms simultaneously for a common goal.
“There are a lot of people that need help right now in Texas and a lot of people asking, ‘How can I help?’ Gaming and streaming have always been a way to connect communities on so many different levels and it’s important for us all to step up when our fellow Texans are in need,” said Mike Rufail, owner at Envy Gaming.
Additional streamers and creators will be announced throughout the weekend. Brands including CORSAIR, GameStop, Jack in the Box, Predator Gaming and SCUF are planning giveaways to encourage viewers of UNITED FOR TEXAS streams to raise as much money as possible.
For more information or to sign up to host your own charity stream as part of UNITED FOR TEXAS, visit united4texas.com.
Fans can follow their favorite streamers and creators or @Envy on Twitter for live updates.
About Envy Gaming
Envy Gaming, Inc. is an entertainment and esports company based in Dallas, Texas. Founded in 2007, Envy is one of the most winning esports organizations in the world and has grown to include a network of competitive gamers, content creators, and streamers with global reach. The company owns the Dallas Empire team in the Call of Duty League, the Dallas Fuel team in the Overwatch League, and the Team Envy franchise. Envy’s ownership group includes superstar Post Malone and esports industry pioneer Mike Rufail. For more information, visit Envy.gg.