Team Envy Valorant Canada 5v5 Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. The Contest is open only to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) and is governed by Canadian law. Must be age of majority to enter.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest and to be eligible to win the Prize, you at the time of entry into the Contest and for the duration of the Contest, must:
- Be a permanent, legal resident of Canada (with the exception of Quebec);
- be at least nineteen (19) years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction;
- be the sole holder of (i) a valid Twitter account; and (ii) a valid Riot Games account enabling the entrant to play Valorant, as well as access to a computer, internet connection and any other means necessary to play Valorant; and
- Employees, consultants, officers, and directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household of such persons, including common law spouses) of Envy Gaming, and each of its affiliated companies or agents, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest and to be eligible to win the Prize, you at the time of entry into the Contest and for the duration of the Contest, must:
- How to Enter
- On August 16, 2021, 2021 Envy Gaming players Marved (Twitter handle: @Marved6) and FiNESSE (Twitter handle: @FNS) will each tweet a link to the Contest (each an “Commencement Tweet”). To enter the Contest, eligible participants must retweet the Commencement Tweet. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
- Entry to the Contest will be open until 11:59pm CST on August 17th, 2021 (the “Closing Date”). All entries to the Contest must be received before the Closing Date.
- Eligible participants may retweet both Marved’s Commencement Tweet and FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweet. Retweeting each player’s Commencement Tweet will grant an eligible participant a chance to be selected as a potential winner in respect to that player’s Commencement Tweet, as set out further in section 3 below.
- All eligible entrants may only enter the Contest by retweeting each player’s Commencement Tweet once. Multiple entries to the Contest, including through the use of multiple Twitter accounts owned by the same user to retweet the same Commencement Tweet multiple times, is strictly prohibited, and Envy Gaming reserves the right to ban any entrant from entering or participating in the Contest if it suspects the entrant engaged in multiple entries through such means.
- Envy Gaming reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest in the event it appears that such entrant is or has previously engaged any conduct in breach of Envy Gaming or Riot Games’ terms of service, or any conduct that is deemed by Envy Gaming in their reasonable discretion as inappropriate, derogatory, offensive or abusive, including the posting of profanity, hate speech, pornographic or sexually explicit content, or speech that promotes violence entrant’s Twitter feed.
- By entering the Contest, you agree that Envy Gaming is not responsible for: (a) lost, undeliverable, rejected, illegible, corrupted, misappropriated, or misdirected Contest entries; (b) telecommunication or electrical malfunctions, unavailability, degradation, failures, or errors; (c) incorrectly collected information; or (d) human interference.
- Selection of Winners
- On a date within five (5) business days of the Closing Date (the “Draw Date”), four eligible entrants who retweeted Marved’s Commencement Tweet and four eligible entrants who retweeted FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweet (the “Selected Entrants”) will be randomly selected to participate live best-of-three Valorant match with Marved, Finesse and other Selected Entrants (the “Show Match”). The four Selected Entrants who retweeted Marved’s Commencement Tweet will be on Marved’s team in the Show Match, and the four Selected Entrants who retweeted FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweet will be on FiNESSE’s team in the Show Match.
- Entrants who retweeted Marved’s Commencement Tweet will be randomly selected first. In the event that an eligible entrant is randomly selected in respect to their retweet of both Marvel and FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweet, that eligible entrant will be deemed selected in respect to Marved’s Commencement Tweet and another eligible entrant who retweeted FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweet will be selected.
- Odds of being selected pursuant to section 3.1 and 3.2 above depend on the total number of eligible entries received in respect to each Commencement Tweet before the Closing Date.
- Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by Twitter direct message shortly after the Draw Each selected entrant is responsible for ensuring they are able to receive Twitter direct messages from Marved or FiNESSE and Envy Gaming’s official twitter account (Twitter handle @Envy) in order to be selected.
- Upon being contacted, each Selected Entrant must respond within forty-eight (48) hours, and promptly and in any event within one week of being contacted;
- provide Envy Gaming with confirmation they meet the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules, including through providing copies of any identification documents reasonably requested by Envy Gaming;
- confirm they are available and willing to participate in the Show Match, and provide reasonable availability for the same;
- provide Envy Gaming with any information necessary for Envy Gaming to communicate with the Selected Entrant, organize the Show Match, or deliver the Prize to the Selected Entrant, including the Selected Entrant’s email and phone number, full legal name and residential address, and their Riot Games handle and associated information. Envy Gaming reserves the right to request the Selected Entrant use another Riot Games handle to participate in the Show Match in the event their current handle is deemed to be offensive or derogatory, and the Eligible Entrant must agree to agree to use such new handle in order to participate in the Show Match;
- sign and return to Envy Gaming a Declaration, Liability, and Publicity Release Form in a form determined by Envy Gaming (the “Release Form”) which shall, among other matters confirm compliance with the Official Contest Rules, release Envy Gaming from all liability relating to the Contest and the Prize, and provide consent to the use of the Selected Entrant’s image and information in respect to publicity relating to the Contest without additional compensation; and
- correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question posed by Envy Gaming.
All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Envy Gaming for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, including the information referenced above, must be complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Selected Entrants, agree to cooperate in any investigations by Envy Gaming to confirm their eligibility and to help ensure that the use of such Selected Entrant’s information in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Envy Gaming into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Contest or Envy Gaming as determined by Envy Gaming in its sole discretion. Envy Gaming may deem the selected entrant disqualified if Envy Gaming is dissatisfied, in the sole discretion of Envy Gaming, with the results of the investigation.
- In the event that the Selected Entrant does not comply with the terms of this Agreement, including section 3.5 above, within the timelines set out above, Envy Gaming may disqualify them and another eligible entrant will be randomly chosen as a Selected Entrant from the remaining eligible entries and the process above will be repeated until such time as four compliant Selected Entrants are selected in respect to each of Marved and FiNESSE’s Commencement Tweets, or there are no more eligible entrants.
- The Show Match will be held at a time to be determined by Envy Gaming, on or before August 18th, 2021. The Show Match will be held online and Selected Entrants will not be required to travel to participate in the Show Match. Selected Entrants are responsible for ensuring they are logged into their Riot Games account and ready to participate in the Show Match at least thirty minutes before the scheduled date and time of the Show Match. In the event a Selected Entrant is not logged in and ready to participate by this time for any reason, they may be disqualified from the Contest at Envy Gaming’s discretion, and replaced with a replacement player (who may not be a Selected Entrant).
- By participating in the Contest, including participating in the Show Match, you agree to refrain from:
- using any unauthorized third-party programs such as “cheats” or “hacks” when playing in the Show Match, or taking advantage of any exploits, bugs, or programming errors in the Show Match in order to affect the results of the Show Match;
- colluding with one or more other Selected Entrants in order to affect the results of the Show Match;
- engaging in, or any communications or conduct that is deemed by Envy Gaming in their reasonable discretion as inappropriate, derogatory, offensive or abusive, such as profanity, hate speech or speech that promotes violence, including communicating such content through in-game or voice chat during the Show Match;
- any conduct in breach of Envy Gaming or Riot Games’ terms of service;
- taking any action that may be reasonably expected to expose Envy Gaming disrepute or legal liability.
In the event the Selected Entrant engages in such conduct, Envy Gaming may immediately disqualify the Selected Entrant from the Contest, and terminate their ability to participate in the Show Match or win a Prize.
- The Selected Entrants on the winning team in the Show Match (the “Winners”) will each win a Predator Triton 300 SE Gaming Laptop (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Prize is $1,500 USD.
- A Selected Entrant’s chance of winning the Prize depends on both their skill at the Valorant computer game, as well as chance, including the chance inherent in the Valorant computer game, and the chance in the selection of their teammates, who may be of differing skill levels.
- Envy Gaming is solely responsible for shipping the Prize through regular mail to a delivery address specified by each Winner within thirty (30) business days of the completion of the Show Match. Other than set out in the preceding sentence, it is the responsibility of each Winner to otherwise arrange for pickup and receipt of the Prize.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable or for resale and has no cash surrender value. Envy Gaming will not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever should a Winner (a) not be satisfied in any way with the Prize; or (b) be incapable of accessing the Prize. Envy Gaming reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute the Prize for one of approximately equal or greater value without liability.
- Release & Indemnity
- BY ENTERING IN THE CONTEST, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ENVY GAMING INC., RIOT GAMES INC., TWITTER INC, TWITCH INTERACTIVE INC., WIPRO DESIGNIT SERVICES INC., AND EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES, BUSINESS PARTNERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT, ORGANIZATION, AND/OR EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL MANNER OF ACTION, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, DEBTS, COVENANTS, CONTRACTS, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, WHATSOEVER, (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, AND FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, AND LIABILITY FOR PHYSICAL INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHICH YOU OR YOUR ADMINISTRATORS, HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS MIGHT HAVE OR COULD HAVE, BY REASON OF OR ARISING OUT OF (A) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZE, OR (B) THE PUBLICITY RIGHTS GRANTED TO BY YOU, INCLUDING PURSUANT TO SECTION 5.3 BELOW. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE MAY BE SERIOUS RISKS OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SHOW MATCH, AND YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THESE
- By entering in the Contest, if you are a Selected Entrant or Winner, you consent to the use of your legal name as well as Twitter and Riot Games account handle, city and province of residence, likeness, voice, comments, statements, picture, photographs (collectively, “Personality”), without additional compensation or notice, in connection with any advertising, promotion, or publicity carried out now or in the future, in any media or on the Website, by or on behalf of Envy Gaming, as well as in respect to the broadcasting of the Show Match live on Twitch, as well as inclusion of footage from the Show Match in marketing and promotional videos related to the Contest by Envy Gaming.
- Envy Gaming respects each entrant’s right to privacy. By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information, you consent and agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information for the administration of the Contest in accordance with the applicable privacy policies of Envy Gaming available at https://envy.gg/privacy-policy/.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to: (a) read, abide and be bound by these Official Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements and by the decisions of Envy Gaming, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest; and (b) waive any rights to claim ambiguity regarding these Official Contest Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Official Contest Rules are subject to disqualification at any time in Envy Gaming’s discretion.
- This Contest is not endorsed, administered by or associated with Riot Games Inc., Twitter, Inc., Twitch Interactive Inc. or any of their affiliated or related companies.
- Envy Gaming reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend in whole or in part this Contest and these Official Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of unavailability of Riot Games Valorant servers, or the unavailability of sufficient Selected Entrants to participate in the Show Match at the appointed date and time for the same, Envy Gaming reserves the right to cancel the Contest without compensation to any entrants.
- Envy Gaming do not assume any responsibility for and are not responsible for (a) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Official Contest Rules; (b) any loss, damage, or claims caused by the Prize or the Contest itself; (c) your inability to access the Prize; or (d) any failure of the Website, or any third-party services necessary to access the Contest, (such as Twitch, Riot Games Valorant Services, or Twitch at any time during the period of the Contest), including any problems, human or technical errors, printing or typographical errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, access providers, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; (e) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in an entrant’s mailbox to receive e-mail messages, or for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled.
- If at any time you fail to meet the eligibility criteria for the Contest you will be deemed disqualified from the Contest.
- In no event will Envy Gaming be responsible or liable for more than the stated number of prizes described in the Official Contest Rules.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning this Contest, including the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Envy Gaming in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
- The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by Envy Gaming in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Official Contest Rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value are stated by Envy Gaming and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by Envy Gaming in point of sale, television, print, or online advertising, promotion materials, on the Website, and/or in these Official Contest Rules, the Contest Winner will not be entitled to be compensated for the price difference.
- In these Official Contest Rules words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing a gender shall include all genders. The headings in these Official Contest Rules are for convenience only and shall not affect the Official Contest Rules’ construction or interpretation.
- Article 5 of these Official Contest Terms and all other provisions of these Official Contest Terms which must survive termination of these Official Contest Terms to fulfill their purpose will survive termination of these Official Contest Terms.
- Envy Gaming’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Official Contest rules will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver of a breach of these Official Contest Rules will constitute a waiver of any other breach of these Official Contest Rules.
- You may not assign your rights under these Official Contest Rules, including any entry to the Contest, to any third party without the consent of Envy Gaming.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. Open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). Must be legal age of majority at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Contest starts on August 16, 2021 once Marved and FiNESSE tweet out notice of the Contest’s commencement. In order to have a chance to be selected as a potential winner, entrants must retweet Marved or FiNESSE’s tweet before 11:59 p.m. CST on August 17, 2021. Selected entrants will have an opportunity to play in a Valorant show match with Marved or FiNESSE, with entrants on the winning team winning a Prize as indicated on Website, subject to Official Contest Rules. By entering the Contest you agree to the Official Contest Rules, available at [link to Official Contest Rules].